Friday 13 March 2015

Update #2 by Lauren

I've decided I'm going to keep these weekly updates from me. Up to you whether you read them or ignore them.
So guess what... My hair is pink!! This morning I was able to get some time out of hospital to go down to the Beyond Blonde Salon to get my pink pixie cut. And wow, what an amazing cut. I'm so happy with it. So thank you to Ross for being amazing and pampering me for the morning and to my other hairdressing friend John who gave the awesome colour. As I finished my chemo cycle on Friday unfortunately this awesome hair will probably be gone by the end of the week, but yolo right?
So the plan is that this cycle of chemo I finished on Friday will work it's magic over the next 4/6weeks and get me into remission (cancer free). And, if everything works and goes to plan, from there head straight into another bone marrow transplant which will be done at the RAH. They've already begun looking for another donor and I think they have found 4 possible donors that they need to tissue type further. So now it's just a waiting game to see if the chemo can do it's stuff. I've begun to feel quite tired and lethargic and often have to have an afternoon nap so the likelihood of visitors over the next 2/3 weeks I'll probably just keep to close family and friends. Otherwise I've been feeling good and have been occupying my time making 1000 origami cranes, teaching the nurses how to drip pole dance, reading, watching movies and YouTube cat videos.
Again, thank you for all the messages of support and love that I've continued to receive. They help so much during the times where I feel abit lost and it means the world to know I have people outside rooting for me.
Anyway I think that's it for this week. So yeah I will continue these weekly updates but completely up to you if you follow them or not. You can also update yourself at laurenkupdates.blogspot.com.au and in the meantime ‪#‎fuckcancer‬
Lauren


From Dad: A few photos from this week incl Lauren's week 2 quote and pink hair by Ross:

No comments:

Post a Comment