Tuesday 31 March 2015

Update #5 by Lauren 30/03/2015

UPDATE #5: GOOD NEWS - I managed to get discharged on Friday and had some much needed home time and sleepy time in my own bed and was able to eat yummy home food!!!
NOT SO GOOD NEWS - I spiked a temperature last night so I'm back in hospital. This sort of thing is very normal when you don't have as many awesome working blood cells as everyone else and I can remember this sort of thing happening last time so it's not depressing, it's more of a nuisance if anything. So they've taken tests to find out what infection I have now and my money is on this head cold/ear infection that's been very slowly brewing over the past week. I'll keep you updated.
Apart from that the weekend was awesome - I forgot how good it is to sleep in your own bed and how good it is to brush your teeth, even if it's with a my first barbie toothbrush! (you can't brush your teeth if your blood counts are too low cause it can cause bleeding in the gums, but mine were high enough this weekend so yay) Dad and Mum also took me for a few drives here and there and I was able to sweet talk my way into making a special delivery to the third year acting students of ACArts (where I was studying acting) who are performing their devised shows '3D' at the moment. Chookas for closing night tomorrow guys!!

As for today, I think you could call me Mr Grumpy or Little Miss Sleep-a-lot. I'm fairly sore and pretty tired because I had my all important bone marrow biopsy today. The results from this determines whether the chemo did it's job (which we are all hoping it kicked cancer's ass)I find out the results from this on Thursday. Fingers and everything is still crossed hoping that the chemo has allowed me to go into remission (a fancy word they use for cancer free/kicking cancer's butt) and therefore be able to go straight into transplant and start mending myself to get better! So that hopefully by the end of the year I am truly and, hopefully, forever cancer free. That's my wish at the moment - and it's becoming closer with those cranes I'm making. Just got up to the 400 mark, just need to make another 600 and we will see whether this old Japanese fable is true smile emoticon in the meantime ‪#‎fuckcancer‬

No comments:

Post a Comment