Monday 2 March 2015

Update #1 from Lauren

So I've found that a lot of people are asking me the same questions and because obviously it's a pretty overwhelming time for me I thought I'd start a weekly update to keep you all up with it.

But thank you for all the love and support I've been receiving over the past week - it means so much to me to know I have people there behind me if I ever need them! And if I don't immediately reply to your messages it's not because I don't love you or appreciate your messages it's just that I'm in a hard place at the moment and sometimes I don't want to look at my phone.

Anyway so update #1: today I start chemotherapy... Yes I'll loose my hair, yes there will be good days and there will be the shitty days. I am allowed visitors now except just check in with me on the day to make sure I am up for it because there will be days where I just don't want to see/speak to anyone. Also if you've been sick in the past two weeks you're not allowed in and also if you're sending gifts no flowers or plant products. Just thought I'd clear that up.

Some things to look forward to is this weekend I'm hopefully getting a pink pixie haircut to celebrate my hair falling out and I have all these movies I've been meaning to sit down and watch for ages and now I have the time to do so, so looking forward to that. I'm also planning to win something out of a puzzle book just for lols and giggles and to keep my brain working. I have plenty of stuff to keep me occupied and already a cupboard full of chocolates and goodies for those midnight munchies. smile emoticon

Anyway I think that's all for update #1. Again thank you all again for all the kind words and heartfelt messages - I do read them and I do enjoy them it's just I receive so many I can't reply to all of them smile emoticon I think you'll understand. So until next Monday ‪#‎fuckcancer‬

No comments:

Post a Comment