Sunday 31 January 2016

Lauren's FB post today

BIG MELBS UPDATE: So this past fortnight has been pretty hard. I finally got up to Melbs and to the Royal Children's Hospital Melbourne who took over my care and the infections I have (for a number of different reasons which I will sort out once I'm better).

A number of scans, tests and theatre admissions have happened since which resulted in painful situations and loads of medications and there was a time where after the day has ended all I wanted to do was sleep. But then my phone would be buzzing through all these messages of support and questions about melbourne or even ringing which just irritated me. But I need my phone to contact Mum or Dad or for them to contact me so switching my phone off wasn't a choice - hence my last little update which I wonder if some of you even read considering you commented on my post anyhow😬.

But things seem to be slowly going upwards since I've been under Melbourne's care. My leg and the infection is definitely on the mend after having surgery to drain what they thought from scan images was a very very thin abscess running down my calf. Turned out it was a bit more than that and everyone's super glad they have drained it and continue to drain it out.
So yes still bedridden but physio have been helping me get some conditioning back so that when this infection is gone and we're ready to move ahead with the Carr-T Cell treatment I'm as conditioned as I possibly can be because there might be a time where I feel shitty for a while.

I really do love this hospital. The team looking after me are very friendly, organised and professional. And I find this hospital and it's different departments all have this amazing way of cooperating and communicating with each other to treat their patients. So let's just say I'm glad I'm here!!!!

And it's been good having my Mum, sister and brother up here - they always seem to make me laugh with the stories they have to tell when they come in. They will go home either Monday or Tuesday as my Dad and Gram are driving up to Melbourne today.
So yeah there's my update but I'm still not 100% and often sleep my days away as my body is trying to heal itself so don't go crazy but if you do have something to tell me perhaps tell my Mum or Dad because often during talking with them I just close my eyes and listen to their stories. And saying that I'm off for a bit of a nanna nap now.
‪#‎FUCKCANCER‬ ‪#‎FUCKLEUKAEMIA‬

No comments:

Post a Comment