Sunday 10 January 2016

Lauren FB post yesterday...

I'M BACK IN THE RAH UPDATE: so I'm back in the RAH because I have got an infection in my skin and foot - cellulitis and golden staff infection in the blood. So I'm on high dose antibiotics and my mighty PICC/matrix line which has been in for 6months which is amazing for a PICC line (the line they put all the IV drugs through) had to come out to make sure it wasn't that causing the infection as well. So hopefully once this infection is sorted I'll have a new one put in all ready for Melbourne! AND my doctor said I get to be sedated for this picc line insertion!!! So again I'm looking forward to being high as a kite and not remembering traumatic experiences!

At the moment it's gelcos (those little plastic ones they usually put in you when you go into emergency) and blood pricks and tests but the blood and Gelco nurses are amazing here and have been able to do an amazing job with my small veins.

My foot hurts a lot and I'm unable to put any pressure on it.
I'm chewing through platelets (the clotting cells of your blood) like there's no tomorrow and at the moment I'm neutropenic which means I have a small immune system so if you're sick please stay away from me. Also some good news - my last dose of Inotuzumab did its job and got my blast counts down enough for the trial in Melbourne. Will know the full results hopefully next week.

So yes, hopefully the antibiotics will do their thing in time for the 18th of January, which is when Melbourne now wants me up but again that could be delayed if this infection hasn't cleaned itself up in time. The docs have a few more tricks up their sleeve if they get desperate but their pretty sure the antibiotics and resting and elevating the leg will do the job. In the meantime I'm reading fault in our stars, watching some movies I've been meaning to see in a while, adult colouring in and trying to win something from a puzzle book and learning Spanish, So I'm keeping myself occupied smile emoticon
Here's hoping everything clears up in time!

No comments:

Post a Comment