Monday 18 January 2016

Lauren's facebook (FB) post from RCH Melbourne today.....

First Melb Status -

so got admitted to the RAH about a week and a half ago as my foot swelled up as a balloon and there was no way I could put weight on it. It turned out I have a skin infection called cellulitis and a blood infection called the golden staff (thankgod the blood one responded to antibiotics quickly and has gone)

But,Finally can see the plan that's ahead of me. Got ready with some amazing C6 nurses, Had an awesome transport service in an ambulance with two paramedic hotties who took me to the ‪#‎royalflyingdoctorservice‬ hanger where I had this awesome nurse and captain look after me and my infectious feet. Never laid down in a plane flat before - tick! Then these two awesome flying doctor nurses took me into their flying doc transport van (much like an ambulance) who took me straight to the hospital and into my room. Feeling so much calmer being here - they already have this plan in place and I haven't even been a day. And I'm allowed things like numbing creams and them putting in and taking out certain bits and pieces like jelcos and nose feeding tubes whilst I'm under General Anaesthetic(GA)!!! Gotta admit I'm exhausted as the day before yesterday I was really high on some drug which in the end made me totally constipated yesterday that yup I had to get a enema snd yep I am now wearing nappies for undies as I can't control my bladder- BUT it looks like it's settling down so hopefully no sitting in my own shit soon.

Anyway been a big day will update you more as I know more. In the meantime be grateful you don't sit in your own shit unless you're a baby. And LOOK I got this for dinner instead of potato mash and dried out turkey with white cream sauce and the famous RAH frozen broccoli!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment