Tuesday 28 July 2015

Update Last dose today, by Lauren

So today is the day I complete the second and final cycle of IZOTUZUMAB! Yes I am nervous but my leukaemia counts in my blood have remained below 1 for a while now so let's hope this final dose is what knocks my marrow completely clean and keeps it clean for 3 weeks!!! Next Tuesday I'll be going in for another bone marrow biopsy to see if IZOTUZUMAB did what it was meant to do (fuck my cancer/be a cancer slayer). And as soon as I know I'll try to update everyone. But I have this good gut feeling I am going to get into full remission with this drug and stay there. And even though I'm still very nervous about everything, I somehow have some peace of mind with this gut feeling I have been having. Let's hope my intuition is right and not just hopeful thinking...

As for everything else - I have been home and enjoying it. Cooking, movie watching, starting to get back into reading my acting theory books and surfing the internet (because I actually have a decent wifi connection now) are some of the things I do among all the appointments and tests I go to throughout the week. I've also started a transplant conditioning program with the youth cancer service because when you've been hospitalised for as long as people like me your muscles become de-conditioned so this program helps to get back some of that normal muscle strength. Then during transplant the program aims to try and maintain some or all of that - and new research is coming out about how beneficial it is, especially for youth patients, in the success of a transplant to maintain that conditioning so that's exciting as well.

I've also been trying to rest up a little because even though I'm home, I'm still not feeling great and that's why when people have asked to visit me or catch up with me I've said no. Also the weening off steroids is another thing completely and very uncomfortable at the moment. So if I say no it's because I don't want to see you when I'm sick - I wanna see you when I'm fully Lauren again and feeling good in myself. But the support I'm receiving from everyone is amazing and I can't thank you all enough for being there for me and all your lovely messages and tags on bacon posts (even though I still think bacon just as bacon is the best way to have bacon) and comments and likes. I see them all and it means so much to me so thank you.

So here's to the last dose of IZOTUZUMAB so I can get into transplant and get back to living the life I want and catching/partying/living it up with all of you guys again!!!! ‪#‎IZOTUZUMAB‬ ‪#‎FUCKLEUKAEMIA‬ ‪#‎FUCKCANCER‬

No comments:

Post a Comment