Tuesday 14 July 2015

Update Day 22 by Lauren

LIL UPDATE DAY 22: Unfortunately one cycle of Inotuzumab (that's the special drug I'm having) wasn't enough to get me into a complete remission. Even though I don't know the results from the bone marrow biopsy done yesterday, the fact that there were still leukaemic cells showing in my blood test means there will most likely be some leukaemic cells in my bone marrow still. So, we are going ahead with the first dose of cycle 2 today! (And if you really wanna know it's being administered at 2pm apparently haha)

However, some good news to hold on to - I only had a 4% leukaemia blast count reading in my blood test yesterday which is the lowest it's every been - so here's hoping 3 more doses of IZOTUZUMAB (I love saying it!) completely obliterates the last of these bloody leukaemia cells lurking around in my body! Will do a big update in a few days when I know the results of the bone marrow biopsy and more of the plan but until then I'm continuing my hardest to ‪#‎FUCKLEUKAEMIA‬ ‪#‎FUCKCANCER‬

Lauren's 'small sample' of 600 photos she has for her room wall in transplant.

No comments:

Post a Comment