Tuesday 7 July 2015

Update Day 15 by Lauren

UPDATE DAY 15: Exciting Times Ahead! The third and final dose of cycle one of my Inotuzumab (such a wicked name for a drug) will be administered today and here’s hoping it absolutely obliterates all the cancer cells from my body!! Unfortunately though we won’t be able to tell if one cycle has worked enough until we find out the results of my bone marrow biopsy which will be happening on Thursday this week. And we will probably find out the results of Thursdays test on Monday - Don’t worry, I’ll keep you all posted, but I really do hope that this one cycle has done the trick so please today and Thursday send all the positive vibes/prayers/thoughts/meditations, whatever you have all done so amazingly over the past 5 months for me!! The power of human thinking is something that I will never underestimate so keep it up and thank you thank you thank you! I am so super lucky to have such an amazing network and support of family and friends!! You guys are the reason I’m in such a good headspace and am doing so well! So thank you!

But anyway, yes Thursday for my bone marrow biopsy I will be as high as a kite again under sedation which I have no problem with at all because now that they’re weening me off steroids I’ve become Little Miss Scatterbrain. Actually the best way to describe it is like the squirrel from the animated movie Over the Hedge. I’m a bit everywhere and no where but it’s getting easier with each day. However still craving all the goodies and yes still loving the bacon! As for hospital they have kept me in due to me needing some extra fluids and just keeping a general eye on me and my blood counts because now that the drug is working it is messing around with my normal blood counts a little bit which I’ve been assured is a good thing that they wanted to see at this stage. But as I mentioned in last weeks update - I’m in an awesome room and I have plenty of things to keep me occupied, I’m taking it for what it’s worth. Doing all the things I wouldn’t be able to get away with if I wasn’t here and I feel a little guilty admitting it but I’m loving it! And yes, lots of people have been asking me whether they can come in and visit and even though I am allowed visitors, I really don’t want to see anyone at the moment. When you’re sick and especially when you don’t look like yourself due to all the steroids (I literally look like Theodore from Alvin and the Chipmunks) you just don’t want people seeing you like that, but thank you for all the lovely offers to come in but at the moment I’d rather hide away for a while until I return to normal and then catch up with you all when I’m feeling better and like myself again. I know you guys will understand.

So overall I’ve been good and tracking well. Apart from that it’s just a waiting game. Nothing else to report really so here’s hoping Thursdays results are the ones we want - 0% leukaemia blast count - cancer totally fucked by one cycle of Inotuzumab!! (such an epic name!) ‪#‎FUCKLEUKAEMIA‬ ‪#‎FUCKCANCER‬

No comments:

Post a Comment